Thursday, July 31, 2014

Stencils, Stains, and Inks, Oh My!

This is going to be hard for me, but I'm going to try and keep the words to a minimum, as I see I have just two hours to post to Country View Challenge Stencil It, which along with A Vintage Journey Inspired me to make this card.  I just want to say I LOVED all the inspiration on both these blogs, so thank you!  You've got me motivated again!




And a close up...For some reason my computer keeps rotating this one!



I used Dylusions DYS34247 stencil and Plaid's Decorator Tool someone gave me quite a while back. See how the green is pulled from the right edge?  That's the design created using the "teeth" on this tool. I stamped images from Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous Urban Grunge, Nature's Elements, and Grunge Cirque sets using Archival Ink. For some of the stamping elements, I inked only parts of the stamp and rolled them onto the background. UPDATE: I forgot to mention, that in addition to using his stamps, I was inspired by Tim using this method of stamping. I used Dylusions ink sprays, Distress Stains and inks on watercolor paper through  and on my stencils. I also did some Spritz and Flick technique. When completely dry, I misted with Ranger's Perfect Pearl Mist (the sparkle and shine are not captured on camera--anyone have tips on how to capture this on camera, since I use the mist a lot on my projects?).

That is all!  I'm entering into Country View Challenge Stencil It as noted above and A Vintage Journey Just Stain It Challenge,  Thanks to all the designers and entrants for all your inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Sara. So glad we were able to inspire you. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x p.s. I tend to sit my 'shinier' cards on a windowsill to let the light catch the them and that helps when photographing. The down side is that the colours don't look as strong but then, I'm no David Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice on how to help the "shine" show up in photographing my cards and for your kind words about my card. Now I just have to wait for a bright day! Sara Emily

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous, Sara! Love the colours and layering..
    Thank you for your sweet comment about my little girl 's card! She made me proud ;)
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words you left on my blog. Keep nurturing that creative spirit in your daughter! My kids are 16 now, and only ocassionally does my daughter do any crafting with me. Both my son and daughter do appreciate the projects I make for them, however. See newer posts for what I made for their 16th birthday. Sara Emily

      Delete
  3. Lovely layers of colour and stencilling - really glad you played along both at Country View Challenges and A Vintage Journey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.