Friday, June 13, 2014

Rain Dance

This card started out in a whole other direction than which it went.  I stamped the Umbrella Man (Tim Holtz-Life's Possibilities) with Broken China Distress Ink pounced on it then combed with a combing tool I have, intending to cut him out and use on another card.But I had the Rays stencil  (Tim Holtz) out on my workspace.  One thing led to another, as is usually the case.



I know this looks green, but it is actually a lemon yellow card blank, and  for the rays, I used Mustard Seed Distress marker painted on with a water pen. I really need to get better lighting to photograph in. So then I threw 2 more stencils at this using an ink blending tool with Faded Jeans DI. (Prima Raindrops and Tim Holtz Burlap)  I made a little watercolor puddle for Umbrella Man to stand in ( I used a mixture of Mowed Lawn and Broken China Distress markers and a water pen for this.) I pictured the rain-then-sun-then-rain weather we had today, and decided this needed one of those heavy clouds we had.  I stenciled the cloud by tearing a paper towel and using a bending tool with Faded Jeans DI over it.

Added sentiment (Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Good Thoughts) in Jet Black Archival ink.

For the finishing touch I edged the card with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint and glued to card blank

7 comments:

  1. Lovely stamp and ink work Sarah and a perfect card for our theme.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE LOVE this,thanks so much for sharing it is AMAZING Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece! Great combination of stamps and stencils and I like the colour combo. Thank you so much for sharing some paint inspiration with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card... they always work out when you follow your instincts rather than your plans!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, and thanks for playing along at Country View Crafts too, of course x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the colours combo you've used. Thanks for joining us at CVC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.