Friday, June 6, 2014

Magical Snow

In the south it's very rare we get snow, so on those occasions when it does, it is so magical.  It it happen to snow at night, I love to stay up late after the house is quiet and look out into the night which has magically lightened and glistened by the falling snow.

I tried to portray this in my card.  I used Perfect Pearl mist through a tree stencil, let it dry and removed the stencil.  Then I slowly spritzed the panel with Dylusions White Linen spray ink to get the little "snowflakes". Close to My Heart sentiment stamped in Brilliance silver ink.  Tied with silver fibers and embellished with a Michael's snowflake.  Backed with a white card base.



You can almost hear the hush of a winter's night snowfall.  Magical!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you 100% about the magic of watching the falling snow, I look forward to it every year. Great card too! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! The snow is indeed magical! Our family lived in Michigan for many years and the snowfall at night was a magical thing to see. You've done a wonderful job of capturing that feeling of wonder. So pretty! Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.